3 Nephi 13:32-33 "For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
The last few years of my life I have often pondered on this scripture. I seem to make a habit of doing really well in the doctrinal basics only to become comfortable and the next thing I know I'm hardly doing them at all. I would think after having gone through this so many times I would finally learn. Lately, this scripture has taken on more of a personal meaning to me. I've always known that as long as I am obeying the commandments I'll be blessed, as well as my family. But, I think I have finally learned how this concept applies to my life. Seth and I have been talking a lot about our future and the direction we want to take with our family and his work. I can choose to help build our future as a family and for myself, or I can help hinder it. We can do all the things we need to to get where we want to go, but without the guidance of our Father in Heaven we will end up basically nowhere. Sure there are things I want to get accomplished, but I want to make sure they are in line with the plans that our Father has laid out for us. I truly feel in my heart that if I put Him first in all things He will guide us and bless us and we'll be able to accomplish things we could have never done on our own. He has so many blessings he wants to give us but we have to ask him first. At this point in my life I don't feel that I have done all I can do to be worthy of those blessings. I want to try harder and even though I won't always succeed I will know I have done my best. I'm tired of wading through this life being comfortable doing nothing. Through my soul searching these last few months I have received a new conviction of the love my Father has for me and my family and for how much He wants us to succeed in our lives and in raising our children. I know that if I put Him first in all I do that my family will be greatly blessed and that we can have a home where the spirit can dwell always. It won't be easy, but I am determined to turn my house into a home where my family can be at rest from the conflicts of the world and were we can have hope for a brighter tomorrow.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago
1 comments:
Amen, Tasha! You are so awesome! Thanks for sharing you feelings and your thoughts:)
Post a Comment