I was reading the August 2008 Ensign today and came across an article called, "May We So Live." It's the lesson for Home Teachers next month. As I was reading it I came across some paragraphs talking about doing something today. Just so you know, this article talks about death, frailty of life, and doing something today. It's a great article and rings very true in my life, esp. since I have experienced the death of my father. There was one particular paragraph that really stood out to me. It says, "How fragile life, how certain death. We do not know when we will be required to leave this mortal existence. And so I ask, "What are we doing with today?" If we live only for tomorrow, we'll eventually have a lot of empty yesterdays. Have we been guilty of declaring, "I've been thinking about making some course corrections in my life. I plan to take the first step--tomorrow?" With such thinking, tomorrow is forever. Such tomorrows rarely come unless we do something about them today." Wow, how true is that. I decided a few months ago that I don't have to be 40 or even 50 to be the person I want to be. Why can't I start working on it today so that by the time I'm thirty I'm already there. Of course, life doesn't always happen the way it's supposed to, but I can't just wait around waiting for it to magically happen overnight. That all of a sudden I'll have a beautiful inviting home, and be a wonderful wife and mother. It takes a lot of time to work on these things and I'd like to get there as soon as I can.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment